Due to the COVID-19 Virus this year’s tryouts will be different than they have been in the past. There are limited fields available so that means that we will only be able to host ONE tryout session per age group instead of the traditional two sessions. We will be following all of the Phase 1 health and safety guidelines as published by Clackamas County, so that means NO physical contact between players. We understand that this situation is less than ideal but we will do the best we can to take care of our players under these difficult circumstances. Below are some FAQs regarding the details about this year’s tryout sessions. If you have any additional questions please feel free to contact our office.
Boys Tryout Schedule
|2009 Boys||Monday, July 6th||10:00 AM – 11:30 AM||Hazelia Field|
|2008 Boys||Monday, July 6th||11:45 AM – 12:45 PM||Hazelia Field|
|2007 Boys||Monday, July 6th||1:00 PM – 2:00 PM||Hazelia Field|
|2006 Boys||Monday, July 6th||2:30 PM – 4:00 PM||Hazelia Field|
|2005 Boys||Monday, July 6th||4:30 PM – 6:00 PM||Hazelia Field|
|2004 Boys||Monday, July 6th||6:30 PM – 7:30 PM||Hazelia Field|
|2003 Boys||Monday, July 6th||8:00 PM – 9:00 PM||Hazelia Field|
Girls Tryout Schedule
|2006 Girls||Monday, July 6th||1:00 PM – 2:15 PM||Westlake Park|
|2003/2002 Girls||Monday, July 6th||2:45 PM – 4:00 PM||Westlake Park|
|2004 Girls||Monday, July 6th||4:30 PM – 5:45 PM||Westlake Park|
|2005 Girls||Monday, July 6th||6:15 PM – 7:45 PM||Westlake Park|
- Enter the park driveway and follow the arrows for traffic flow. Parents stay in your car and let your child out of the car at the appropriate entrance. Please do not park and wait or continue conversation when stopped. Traffic must keep flowing. If you are going to stay and park your car, please drop your child off first at the designated entrance and THEN go park your car.
- There are THREE field entrances at Hazelia. Use the designated ENTRANCE and EXIT for entering and leaving the field to avoid congestion and unnecessary physical contact by players.
- Please remind your player that once they are on the field they need to walk AROUND the field to their team’s area and place all gear on their designated spot. Players should NOT gather in small groups and they should avoid all physical contact with other players.
- When leaving the field, players should stay six feet apart and exit the field at the designated exit. If a player must wait, please do so while staying six feet away from other players.
- When picking up your player please do so at the designated field exit ONLY. Pick up your child and drive away as quickly as you can safely.
Frequently Asked Questions
This year players will be put through a series of drills and skill work activities. Coaches will rely upon performance during these skill activities as well as a player’s overall history.
If you are not able to attend your tryout session please call or email our office. While we can not make any promises, we always do our best to assist and accommodate our players. If you have played for OPFC in the past we will take into consideration your past performance and team history. The age group coaching staff will reach out to communicate with you during tryout week. We are committed to helping all players get placed on the appropriate OPFC team for their development and enjoyment.
If any portion of the season is canceled due to COVID-19, all registered players will receive a refund for those months.